Saturday, December 30, 2006


This yarn is starting to pool a bit as the foot takes shape. This is not a self striping yarn- the patterns are coming from a very shallow angle of stacked color. The pure red sections of the yarn are only about 7 inches long. I don't mind the pooling at this point- but I imagine that when I get to the heel and the leg this striped effect will be broken up into a homogeneous mix. I think if I was doing a sock pattern which had a knit texture- I might be annoyed by the dominant pooling effect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sarah, it's tine from MarchBabies... Another stretchy bind-off is the tubular bind-off, which I've heard a lot of people like. It looks nice too. I'm going to try it for the first time myself when I finish the toe-up socks I'm working on.